Lung Cancer Signs & Symptoms
Lung cancer is a type of cancer that begins in the lungs when cells in the lung tissue start to grow uncontrollably, forming a tumor. It is one of the most common types of cancer and is a leading cause of cancer-related deaths worldwide. Many people don’t have lung cancer signs & symptoms until the disease is advanced, but some people have symptoms in the early stages.
The symptoms of lung cancer can vary from person to person, but some of the most common symptoms include:
- Experience of breathing difficulties
- Continual coughing that worsens or persists
- Chest discomfort that aggravates with deep breathing or coughing
- Feeling of fatigue and weakness
- Repeated respiratory infections like pneumonia or bronchitis
- Presence of wheezing
- Coughing up blood or sputum that appears rust-coloured
- Strained or difficult speaking, or hoarseness
- Reduction in appetite and unexplained loss of weight
- Swelling in the neck or face
It’s important to note that these symptoms can also be caused by other conditions, so it’s important to consult a doctor for a proper diagnosis. Early detection of lung cancer is crucial for successful treatment, so if you are experiencing any of these symptoms, it’s important to speak with your doctor as soon as possible.
Lung Cancer Diagnosis
- Lung cancer can be diagnosed through various tests such as imaging tests (CT scan, PET scan)
- Biopsy that includes the removal of a tissue sample for examination
- Sputum cytology (examination of mucus coughed up from the lungs).
The above tests help to identify the location, size, and type of cancer in the lungs and determine the stage of the cancer, which is important for selecting the appropriate treatment. Early detection through screening tests such as Low-dose CT scan can help improve the chances of successful treatment and better outcomes.
Some of the causes of Lung Cancer
- Smoking or exposure to tobacco smoke, including secondhand smoke
- Exposure to air pollution
- Exposure to radon gas
- Family history of lung cancer
- Previous radiation therapy to the chest
- Chronic lung diseases such as COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) or pulmonary fibrosis.
Prevention of Lung Cancer
- Avoid smoking and exposure to tobacco smoke, including secondhand smoke
- Avoid exposure to air pollution and workplace carcinogens such as asbestos, arsenic, chromium, and nickel
- Test homes for radon gas and take measures to reduce exposure
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle that includes healthy diet and exercising regularly
- Get vaccinated against diseases such as influenza and pneumonia, which can increase the risk of lung infections that can lead to lung cancer
- Undergo regular cancer screenings if you are at high risk, such as smokers or people with a family history of lung cancer. Early detection can help increase the chances of successful treatment and better outcomes.
If you have any of these cancer symptoms, take Ayurveda treatment, and it will help reduce the cause of the disease and help you come out of lung cancer. For this, consider the Best cancer hospital in Hyderabad Punarjan Ayurveda.
Lung Cancer - Symptoms, Types, & Treatment | Dr.B.Venakateswara Reddy
This information on this article is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content in this site contained through this Web site is for general information purposes only.
Know more about Treating Lung Cancer With Ayurveda