The uncontrolled growth of cells that develops in your ovaries is known as ovarian cancer. These cells are multiply quickly and can invade and destroy the healthy tissues in the body. Ovarian is a part of the female body that produces eggs. Now, ovarian cancer is the fifth most dangerous cancer that causes in women. Ovaries are almond size and produce hormones estrogen and progesterone. We can detect ovarian cancer symptoms early.
What are the ovarian cancer symptoms?
Ovarian cancer starts in the outer lining of the ovaries or epithelium. You can observe some symptoms in the early stages. Sometimes, the symptoms are May because of other problems like irritable bowel syndrome, premenstrual syndrome, or temporary bladder cancer. Ovarian cancer symptoms are significantly worsening. Some of the early ovarian cancer symptoms are
- Back pain.
- Unexpected weight loss.
- Felt discomfort in the pelvic area.
- Unexpected vaginal bleeding.
- Changes in bowel habits like constipation.
- Frequent urination.
- Nausea and indigestion.
- Appetite loss.
These are the foremost common ovarian cancer symptoms at an early stage. These symptoms may have spread cancer to other parts of the body. So, be aware of these symptoms and make checkups regularly.
What are causes of ovarian cancer?
They are no pertinent information about what causes ovarian cancer exactly. Still, some DNA changes in cells at the time of mutations may have increased the risk of ovarian cancer. These cells overgrow and form mass tumors in ovaries and spread to other body parts is called metastatic ovarian cancer.so, it is difficult to tell what causes ovarian cancer, but experts have identified the risk factors of ovarian cancer. Those risk factors are
- Never having been pregnant.
- Family history of ovarian cancer.
- Breast cancer.
- Reparative history.
- Obesity and overweight.
- Hormone therapy.
- Gynecologic surgery.
- Human papillomavirus (HPV).
- Dietary factors.
- Excess use of talcum powder.
- Having high levels of androgens.
- Inherited gene changes.
What are the various ovarian cancer types?
The type of cell where cancer starts regulates the type of ovarian cancer. Ovarian cancer has more than 30 types. Consult the best doctor to determine which treatment is needed for you. Some common types of ovarian cancer are
- Epithelial ovarian cancer: This most common type of cancer affects several subtypes, including mucinous and serous carcinoma. Epithelial ovarian cancer occurs in the lining of the ovaries.
- Germ cells tumors: This type of ovarian cancer is sporadic tends to occur at a younger age. 90% of cases have become cancerous and more effective.
- Stromal tumors: It is easy to treat at the early stage itself compared to other types of ovarian cancers.
How to diagnose ovarian cancer in an early stage?
Depending on the patient’s symptoms, a doctor will start a diagnosis process for ovarian cancer. You will ask questions like the patient’s family history, personal medical history, and pelvic examination. Your doctor will perform so0me tests to know about the same ovarian cancer stage. Those tests are
- Blood tests: This test helps you know the high levels of a marker called CA-125.
- Imaging tests: Tests like MRI scan CT scan and transvaginal ultrasound.
- Laparoscopy: A thin tube and a tiny camera will be inserted into your abdomen to see the ovaries of tissues sample for a biopsy.
- Biopsy: It is a microscopic emanation of a tissue sample. The biopsy will confirm that a person has cancer. This will conduct before the surgery to remove a tumor.
These are some diagnostic tests that allow every doctor to know the cancer stage and tumor size to decide what kind of treatment the patient needs.
What is the treatment for ovarian cancer?
Ovarian cancer treatment depends upon various factors like type, size, grade of cancer, patient age and overall health, accessibility, and affordability of treatment. After diagnosis, the treatment options of ovarian cancer are:
Drugs are injected into your ovarian tissues to kill cancer cells, and this treatment causes many side effects and is dangerous. Chemotherapy treatment affects the whole body and life-threatening treatment.
Uses High-voltage X-rays to kill cancer cells in the ovaries.
treatment boosts the immune system to fight against cancer cells in advanced ovarian cancer patients.
targets the cancer cells to destroy the ovaries at advanced stage ovarian cancer.
This is the last treatment used to remove the tumor from tissue altogether. Sometimes surgery performs with a combination of radiation therapy and chemotherapy.
These are the only standard treatment options for ovarian cancer but cause side effects. To avoid side effects and cancer recurrence, take Punarjan Ayurveda cancer treatment which won’t cause any side effects. Doctors of Punarjan Ayurveda treat patients with the help of natural methods like a proper food diet, regular exercises, and herbs. Doctors of Punarjan Ayurveda treat patients using natural methods like an adequate food diet, everyday activities, and herbs.
Know more Lung cancer symptoms in women
This information on this article is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content in this site contained through this Website is for general information purposes only.