Lung Cancer Basics

punarjan ayurveda hospitals

What Is Lung Cancer?

List

Lung cancer is a type of cancer that starts in the lungs. It's one of the most common cancers worldwide and a leading cause of cancer-related deaths.  

Types of Lung Cancer 

Yellow Location Pin

non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)

Yellow Location Pin

small cell lung cancer (SCLC)

NSCLC is more common, accounting for about 85% of all lung cancers, while SCLC accounts for the remaining 15%. 

There are two main types of lung cancer

lung cancer

Causes & Risk Factors

Smoking is the leading cause of lung cancer, Other risk factors include exposure to radon gas, family history of lung cancer, and air pollution. Take steps to reduce risk and protect your lungs

lung cancer

Symptoms 

Symptoms of lung cancer may vary but can include a persistent cough, coughing up blood, chest pain, shortness of breath, wheezing, hoarseness, unexplained weight loss, fatigue, and recurring respiratory infections. 

Diagnosis 

4

Biopsy

2

CT scans

1

Chest X-rays

3

PET scans

Lung Cancer is diagnosed differs from person to person

Scribbled Underline 2

lung cancer

Treatment 

Rasayana Ayurveda treatment for lung cancer aims to bolster immunity and holistic well-being through herbal remedies, dietary adjustments, and lifestyle modifications, complementing conventional therapies for enhanced patient outcomes. 

rasayana ayurveda

lung cancer

Early Detection Is Important

Tooltip

cancer

Early detection of lung cancer is crucial for improved treatment outcomes and increased chances of survival. Regular screening and prompt medical attention can lead to the identification of lung cancer at earlier stages when it is more treatable.