What is Kidney Cancer?
Our kidneys play a significant role in purifying blood in the body. Kidneys are bean-shaped, and they lie in your lower abdomen on each side of your spine; the main work of kidneys is removing waste products and making urine in the body.
Kidney cancer is called renal cancer. If your cells in the kidneys are growing out of control, it forms a tumor; that condition is known as kidney cancer, and the normal cells become cancer cells. Most of the time, all kidney cancer first appears in the lining of tiny tubes is called renal cell carcinoma. And there is a chance; we can identify the signs of kidney cancer before it spreads to other organs.
What are the symptoms of kidney cancer?
It is difficult to identify the signs or symptoms of kidney cancer at the early stage, but if the tumor starts growing, symptoms will appear. Some of the common symptoms of kidney cancer are
- Loss of appetite.
- Swelling in your legs or ankles.
- Extreme fatigue.
- A lump in your abdomen.
- Sudden weight loss
- Blood in your urine.
- Flank pain between the ribs and hips.
- High fever.
If you observe any of these symptoms as soon as possible, consult the best cancer hospital and start treatment immediately.
Risk factors of kidney cancer are:
Some risk factors may cause kidney cancer. Try to avoid it and be safe; some of the significant risk factors of kidney cancer are:
- Extreme smoking daily.
- Having advanced kidney disease.
- Being obese.
- Certain genetic conditions like von Hippel landau inherited papillary renal cell carcinoma.
- Having a family history of kidney cancer.
- Being exposed to certain chemicals.
- Using drugs for pain killers for a long time.
- Being black.
- Having lymphoma.
- Having high blood pressure.
People older than age 40 and males are the leading risk factors for kidney cancer. These are some of the risk factors of kidney cancer; be aware of these.
Grading and staging of kidney cancer:
Based on the spreading of tumors in the kidneys grading and staging are decided with the help of some tests like urine tests, blood tests, intravenous pyelogram, ultrasound, CT scan, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and renal arteriogram. The staging of kidney cancer starts from I to IV. If the tumor is less aggressive, that will be the first stage of kidney cancer, and if the cancer is more aggressive, that will be the fourth stage, and it is tough to diagnose. Based on these stages of kidney cancer doctor will start the kidney cancer treatment. If it is hard to decide the cancer stage with this stage at finally, your doctor will refer you for a biopsy.
What is the Treatment of kidney cancer?
After so many tests, your doctor will decide the treatment of kidney cancer based on the stage and how the tumor will spread to other organs. On the stage of your kidney cancer, a doctor may suggest you for treatment like a urologist, a medical or radiation oncologist, and surgery. You will have an option for a second opinion. The primary cancer treatments that help you to reduce or cure kidney cancer completely are
- Chemotherapy for kidney cancer: Chemotherapy is used to kill the cancer cells in the kidneys by using drugs. It is less effective than other cancers, and this is the most used treatment for any cancer.
- Radiation therapy for kidney cancer: High voltage of X rays or other rays are used to kill the cancer cells or hate its growth in kidneys. These rays are sent with the help of a machine from outside of the body.
- Targeted therapy for kidney cancer: In this treatment, drugs are used to target the cancer cells and kill the growth of cancer cells and less toxicity to normal cells. One type of Targeted therapy is anti-angiogenic agents; these keep blood vessels from feeding a tumor and shrink and stop its growth. Another type of targeted therapy, multikinase inhibitors or tyrosine kinase inhibitors, are oral drugs that block the enemy pathway of cancer cells from growing. Another type of targeted therapy is called m-TOR inhibitors, and these two are oral, and another one is IV, which allows the blood vessels to help grow tumor cells.
- Biologic therapy for kidney cancer: This treatment produces more immune energy to fight against cancer by boosting, directing, or restoring your natural defenses. The substances of biological therapy are made in the labs. Some examples of biologic therapy substances are interferon-alpha and interleukin – 2.
- Surgery for kidney cancer: Surgery is to remove the tumor from the kidneys, which are their types. such are
- Partial nephrectomy: This is used in small size tumor patients. A tumor is removed in the kidney along with some tissue around it.
- Radical nephrectomy removes the kidney, adrenal gland, and surrounding tissue and often removes near lymph nodes. This is the most common surgical method for kidney cancer through a small incision with a laparoscope.
- Simple nephrectomy: In this process, removes only the kidney.
If it incases not work out with these treatments, your doctor will suggest you some other options to destroy the cancer tumor from kidneys are:
- Arterial embolization: A material that will insert into your artery of the kidneys to suppress the tumor’s blood flow. This procedure helps to shrink the tumor before surgery.
- Cry therapy: This uses extreme cool to kill the tumor in the kidney.
- Radiofrequency ablation: This uses a high-energy radio wave to cook the tumor.
But, these all treatments have side effects and very aggressive results in allopath. Instant of these treatments, try to take Ayurveda treatment that will help you to reduce cancer slowly without causing any side effects. Punarjan Ayurveda is the best cancer treatment hospital to treat any tumor with a high success rate. So, try to start Ayurvedic kidney cancer treatment for better results.
What are the Preventions of kidney cancer?
Preventions of kidney cancer are also very hard to know because doctors also don’t know the exact cause. However, some of the significant preventions of kidney cancer are
- Maintain a healthy weight or body mass.
- Quit smoking.
- Manage blood pressure
- Avoid being exposed to harmful chemicals.
Know more about Major Things to Know about Brain Cancer
This information on this article is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content in this site contained through this Web site is for general information purposes only.